Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 21, 2011

Mason is 4 months old

"Toots" as we like to call him turned 4 months old this Tuesday.  What a big boy he is.  We went to the dr. yesterday, and it was good news on his weight! :-)  He is in the 50th percentile for weight, 50th for head circumfrence, and 75th for length.  He is a long little boy for sure.  Poor baby cried for only about 2 minutes after he got his shots and then fell asleep.  I definitely think it's harder on me than on him.  The dr. was very pleased with his growth.  We had to confess that we switched to soy....she was against it, but she was pleased that he is doing better.  She also said we can start to add a bit of rice ceral to his bottles to thicken them so he doesn't spit up as much.  She said he probably isn't ready to eat solids quite just yet, but that when we are ready, we can gradually introduce rice cereal in a bowl and see what happens.
Meanwhile, he sure is "talking" up a storm.  ALL he does now is vibrate his lips (I wish I could describe it better)!  Even when he is upset he does that.  Needless to say Shawn and I have stopped doing that to him, we sure don't want him to think that is normal conversation...ha ha!  I keep singing to him "ma ma da da rovie", let's hope one of those will stick!  He still isn't rolling over quite yet, but he is sure trying.  And who would have thought that feet could be SO interesting!  I would have to say that his feet are his favorite "toy" right now!  He is drooling up a storm too, and of course everything goes in his mouth.  We really have to watch out for that now.  Mason still loves to be outside and to watch his big brother chase his ball.  He loves for us to read to him and of course to hold him.  His favorite part of the day is still bath time so he can splish splash!  He also still loves daycare.  But when I pick him up and he recognizes me and smiles so big, it truly melts my heart!  He better love his Mommy!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment